Two to three weeks required for processing.
Completed Reprint and Electronic Use Permission Form is required to request permission to reprint material from Michigan State University Press journals.
Before submitting the request, please be sure that the material is under MSU Press copyright and not independently copyrighted to another publisher or institution.
Permission to reprint granted upon receipt of payment.
Please send the completed request form to
Julie Loehr by fax: (517) 432-2611, or by email: Loehr@msu.edu.
Reprint and electronic use permission is subject to the following conditions:
- Rights granted herein are nonexclusive world rights for one (1) edition in print format, English language only, or for electronic use in one (1) course for one (1) academic term.
- This permission does not cover any material credited to another source. If an original source is credited anywhere in the material, this permission is contingent upon obtaining permission from that source.
- One copy of the finished work is to be sent to Michigan State University Press.
- Reprint charges: Journal Articles -
- $20/article page for print OR electronic usage
- $30/article page for both print AND electronic usage
- $25/figure or graphic
- Coursepack/Class Handouts: 20¢/page x number of copies
- Electronic files for web-based Instructional Use: 20¢/page x number of students enrolled in course per academic term. Electronic files must be removed at conclusion of academic term
- Acknowledgement will be made to author, journal, and publisher.
MSU Press requires display of the following credit line on all reprinted materials:
"This work originally appeared in [journal] _______________________________, Vol. ____, No. ____, [Year] ______, published by Michigan State University Press."