MICHIGAN STATE UNIVERSITY PRESS
Suite 25, Manly Miles Building
1405 South Harrison Road
East Lansing, MI 48823-5245 USA
TEL 517 / 355-9543
Michigan State University Press, founded in 1947, is the scholarly publishing arm of historic Michigan State University. Since its inception, Michigan State University Press has notably represented both scholarly publishing and the mission of Michigan State University with the publication of numerous award-winning books and scholarly journals.
Our mission is to be a catalyst for positive intellectual, social, and technological change through the publication of research and intellectual inquiry, making significant contributions to scholarship in the arts, humanities, sciences, and social sciences.
Both the MSU Press Book Division and Journals Division participate in the Green Press Initiative and are committed to developing and encouraging ecologically responsible publishing practices. In the spirit of our land-grant founding, all new Michigan State University Press books are printed on paper that is approved by the Forest Stewardship Council. Our books meet the minimum requirements established by the American National Standard for Information Sciences-permanence of paper for printed materials, ANSI Z39.48-1992 (R1997). Our Journals Division publishes nine award-winning, academic journals that span a wide variety of academic disciplines. All new MSU Press books are printed on paper that is approved by the Forest Stewardship Council, and meet minimum requirements established by the American National Standard for Information Sciences-permanence of paper for printed materials. Michigan State University Press is a member of The Association of American University Presses and the Association of American Publishers. We participate in the University Readers course materials program.